Meeting Joint Commission standards is an accomplishment recognized with the awarding of The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval®. Certified organizations proudly display the Gold Seal to advertise their commitment to health care quality. Achieving certification makes a strong statement to the community about an organization’s efforts to provide the highest quality services.
Post Acute Specialty Hospital of Milwaukee is proud to be one of only 14 hospitals in the country to have earned the prestigious certification in Respiratory Failure.
Our program is designed to assist in weaning any patient on a ventilator. An interdisciplinary team provides individualized care to every patient admitted to the program. The patient is thoroughly evaluated by the interdisciplinary team to best determine the ideal weaning method and the optimum rehabilitation goals. Our team approach ensures that every patient achieves the best possible results.
Our comprehensive pulmonary services consist of:
- Daily physician oversight: Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine,
- Internal Medicine and other specialty physicians
- Initial evaluation and ongoing treatment of respiratory needs
- Advanced respiratory care modalities
- Interdisciplinary team weaning program
- Aggressive nutritional management
- Swallowing evaluation and treatment
- Early mobility to improve strength and function
- Patient and family education, counseling and advocacy